Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Traveling Companions



Yes, this picture may be staged, but 19 days from now, I'll be maneuvering through Gloucester Green instead of my backyard with these three in tow.
I wanted to give you an idea of the amount/type of luggage I'm taking. Virgin Atlantic allows 2 checked bags, 50 lbs each, and 1 carry-on, max 13 lbs. And believe me, I need these limits.
Here's the run-down, clockwise from top:
Jansport Backpack - I don't even remember why my step-dad bought this, but it served my brother, Tim, very well when he spent a semester in Oxford. However, it was one of his main bags. For me, this will serve as a carry-on. Since my other two bags are on the large side, I'll be able to use the backpack for weekend trips. It has a main compartment and a mini backpack that can stay attached or zip off for running errands or shorts hikes and what not.
Bagzilla - A birthday gift from my grandma, this suitcase has served me well over the years. At 30" x 21" x 10", you can guess the name's origin. It also has a zip-out expander that adds about 4" to the depth. With a bag this big, I do have to be cautious; it's easier to exceed the weight limit (and I have paid my fair share of $25 fines for having an overweight bag).
Ruby - My 99 cent store gem! An incredibly light weight bag 26" x 18" x 8" with 3" zip-out expander. The actual suitcase probably weighs less than 4 pounds.
Now the trick is to fit everything I want to bring into those three bags...

No comments: