Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Five Senses of England: Touch

Some odd touch sensations here in England:
  • The Currency - Paper money is made of a different fiber than in America. It's crisp with a waxy undertone. Plus, it has shorter and stubbier dimensions. One and two pound coins are quite heavy and the pence system does not go by size.
  • Greasy Food - I had fish and chips today that were the greasiest things I've ever had in my life. My fingers were slick with grease, I can only imagine what they were doing to my gullet.
  • Cobblestones - A free foot massage wherever you walk.
  • History - Go to evensong in Christ Church or sip a pint at The Eagle and Child and know that famous people did famous things there.

3 comments:

Percy said...

Thanks for putting a link on your page to my site. I was not sure too many people read it. How are you enjoying Oxford? How long are you in town for?

Hope you enjoy your trip and get out into the country site a bit as well, maybe up to Binsey, that is a Lewis area I think??

Percy said...

I am not sure if the other comments worked or not, but thanks for the link and I hope you are enjoying Oxford. How long are you in town for?

Percy said...

I am going away on a four week holiday tomorrow, and I wqas not sure what I was going to do with the Oxford Daily Photo?? I was thikning that I was going to just take a road trip photo's of where I am , however if you would like to take over for four weeks I would be happy for you to do so, in fact it might be nice to get a new visitors view of Oxford?? Let me know what you think, and if you would like to do it, I will email you may passwords etc

Don't feel that you have to do this, or even if you would like to put your own spin on the style I would be happy, you may even think about taking or posting every other day, it would be your baby for the four weeks I am in Australia.